Botanical name:Silybum Marianum G.
Part of plant used:Fruit without Pappus
Active Ingredient:Silybinins, silydianin, Silychristin, Dehydrosilybinin, Isosilybinins
1) Silymarin 80% (silybin 40%) tested by HPLC by Acetone as solvent;
2) Silymarin 75% (silybin 35%) tested by HPLC by Acetone as solvent;
3) Silymarin 80% tested by UV, silybin 30% tested by HPLC by Acetone
4) Silymarin 80% tested by UV, silybin+isosilybin 30% tested by HPLC by Acetone as solvent;
5) Silymarin 80% tested by UV by Ethanol as Ethylacetate;
6) Silymarin 80% tested by UV by Ethanol as solvent;
7) Water soluble silymarin 20%, 30%, 50% tested by UV
Silymarin is a kind of favonolignan compound, extracted from the seed husk of plant Silybum marianum, It is yellow powder with a bitter taste. The main ingredients are: Silybin, Isosilybin, Silydiynin, Silychristin, etc.
It has the efficacy for liver protecting, improving the function of liver, promotes biliation and diminishing liver inflammation. As a kind of better antioxidant, it can clear free radical in human body, postpone senility. Silymarin can protect the liver from damage of alcohol, chemical toxicant, drug, food poison, accelerate liver cell regenerating and repairing. So it is called \"The natural liver-protection drug\". In addition, Silymarin has the function of anti-radiation and, arteriosclerosis preventing, skin-aging delaying.
Pharmaceutical Industry Health Care Products Food additive Cosmetics